Monday, May 28, 2007

A Vietnam Note

Born on the Fourth of July by Ron Kovic

5 pages - complete on Monday May 28

Stop the Sun by Gary Paulsen

7 pages - complete on Monday May 28

To Heal a Nation by Joel L. Swerdlow

12 pages - complete on Monday May 28

For your final readings of Times of Change, I would like you to set aside some time on Monday (Memorial Day) to read the choices above. Once you are done, I would like for you to post in your blog a note to the men and women on the Vietnam Veterans Memorial. After what you have learned over the past few days, and what you saw when we went to D.C., what would you want to say to them?

Dear Veterans,

I would like to thank you for sacrificing your life for our country. It is because of you that other Americans and myself stay safe and protected from harm. I admire your ability to have enough courage and selflessness to put other people's lives in front of your own. Thank you for everything you have done to insure the safety of my loved ones and myself.

Sincerely,

Misha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.